Friday, March 04, 2011

Lucas family ribcage

Day 18: a picture of one of your biggest insecurities




I really didn't want to do todays post and draw attention to this. I especially didn't want to put up a picture of my ribs... so I didn't. I know, it seems strange... my ribcage is my largest insecurity? It really isn't a big deal- and most people don't notice, but I HATE it. I have a LARGE ribcage. A ROUND, "barrel" (as my mom calls it), ribcage. Since I've lost some weight I'm not AS bothered by it, but still I am. There is not a damn thing I can do it about it. Seriously. They aren't FREAKISH or anything- they just don't match the rest of my small frame- small hands, small wrists, small feet, tiny arms, etc. Sigh.

The origin of the ribs: my Grandma Troester. Love the woman dearly, but why did I have to be the granddaughter to inherit this? haha.

According to the doctor who was trying to make me feel better about it, having a rounder/larger ribcage will have it's perks. When I have children my pregnancies won't be as painful because those babies won't be pushing up inside my too-small ribcage. Doesn't really make me feel a whole lot better, but it is something I guess.

Here's to that Lucas family ribcage (:

No comments: